Using an email client like Outlooks allows you to access and manage different email accounts on the same platform. If you are not sure about how to set up your Yahoo Mail account on Outlook, you can call the Yahoo support number and consult a professional email expert to clear your doubts. You can also have a look at the instructions mentioned in this article to get a general idea of how to access Yahoo Mail through Microsoft Outlook.
Before you can access your Yahoo Mail account on Outlook, you need to first make sure your Yahoo account is set up so that it allows Outlook to access the necessary data. Once you allow Outlook to access your Yahoo account, you can follow the steps given below so that you can access Yahoo Mail with Outlook.
Steps to Connect or Add Yahoo Mail with Outlook
Before you can access your Yahoo Mail account on Outlook, you need to first make sure your Yahoo account is set up so that it allows Outlook to access the necessary data. The steps to sync your Yahoo Mail account with Outlook may vary depending on which version of Microsoft Outlook you are using. However, despite the slight variations in the steps, the options and server settings are the same. You can refer to the instructions below to connect Yahoo Mail with Outlook:
• Step 1: Open Outlook, go to the ‘File’ section, and click ‘Add Account.’
• Step 2: Click the ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ option.
• Step 3: Navigate to the Server Information section and select IMAP.
• Step 4: Enter your name and Yahoo ID in the User Information section.
• Step 5: Go to the Server Information section and enter the server settings mentioned below.
Once you enter the server settings, Outlook and Yahoo will test the account settings you entered to make sure they are correct. After you receive verification that the server settings are correct, you will be able to access Yahoo Mail using Outlook.
Server settings to connect Yahoo Mail with Outlook
The server settings for your Yahoo Mail account will remain the same no matter which email client you use. Here’s a look at the server information for your Yahoo account:
• Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.mail.yahoo.com.
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
• Incoming server port number: 993.
• Outgoing server port number: 465 or 587
• Requires SSL: Yes
• Requires authentication: Yes
While attempting to connect your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook, you must remember to enter the server setting exactly as they appear. If you encounter any issue while entering the server settings, or if you need more information, you can contact Yahoo mail customer service number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of professional email experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you the best solution to resolve any error.