If your password doesn’t work when you enter it while logging into your Yahoo account, your account might have been hacked by somebody, but no worries yahoo is very particular in terms of its policies, and you will get your account back by just knowing who you are and some personal details of yourself. Yahoo provides some easy and accessible methods to regain control of the account. Certain practices need to be focused on before the hacker changes the account settings, whether it is your contact number registered with yahoo or the email address that you have provided. You can either try attempting these procedures manually or directly reach out Yahoo customer service number for the same.
- By changing your password (when you have access to your account)
- By resetting your password (when you don’t have any access to your account)
- Log in to your yahoo account and go to the right side on the profile name and then go to account info
- Click on the Account security tab
- Then there is an option ‘Change password,’ and there is a place where you need to enter your new password
- You can enter your new password and click on ‘continue,’ and you will be able to regain access to your yahoo account
- Go to the sign in page of yahoo mail and insert the email address
- Once you enter the email address, click on the option ‘forgot password,’ and you will be able to see your phone number and email address partially, which is registered to your yahoo account
- If you remember these account recovery options, then you need to click yes, and you will be asked to enter the account key sent to the registered phone number or email address
- Once you get the account key on your phone number/email, you will have to insert the key and click on verify
- Next, you will get two options: continue or create a new password. You will have to click on create a new password, and you will be able to go to the reset password page. Enter the new password and click on Continue
If you still have any confusion or query and you need more assistance regarding this issue or any other issues you can contact Yahoo customer support, which stays operational 24*7.